If you already followed the instructions on the Install page. You can skip the top part of this page and go directly to Download and Install Livestock3D in the bottom. Following these tutorials should not conflict with the original installation of Livestock.
Livestock DOES NOT work without a valid installation of Grasshopper and Rhino.
We recommend to download and install Anaconda as your Python package manager get it here
Follow the instructions on their page.
Remember to check the box with: "Add Anaconda to my PATH environment variable"
When Anaconda is install you are ready to create a conda environment. Open the command or Anaconda promt. Type in:
conda create -n livestock_env python=3.6 numpy matplotlib
Conda will then install the environment called “livestock_env”, with Python 3.6 and NumPy. Afterwards the environment can be activated:
Download and Install Livestock3D
- Download the Livestock Grasshopper zip here
- Create a folder at %appdata%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\scripts called livestock3d
- Put the files from the folder "grasshopper" in there.
- Create a folder called C:\livestock3d
- Put the files from the folder livestock3d there.
- Move the folder "Grasshopper Script" to a location of your choosing.
- Put the files from "UserObjects" to the Grasshopper UserObjects folder.